All our woods are high resistant to tread. Marks may occur due to impacts, falls, heavy weights on small areas (furniture), stilettos, small stones or pieces of metal underneath the shoes. The finish is high resistant to scratches and usually it can be easily restored.
• This product is exclusively for professional use on flat surfaces held to be suitable for this use by installers. Any other designated use could impair the functionality of the product.
• The material must be stored in dry storage areas.
• Application must be done in compliance with the responsibility criteria described in UNI 11265:2007 standards, according to the procedures set out in UNI 11368:2010 standards and also in accordance with the evaluation criteria envisaged by UNI CEN/TS 15717 standards.
• The site must be suitable for application with room moisture between 45-60% and temperatures between 18-21°C. Application must be done after exterior windows and doors have been installed and after interior plaster has dried.
• The subbase must be made on a suitable vapor barrier and have the characteristics specified in UNI 11371 standards.
• The moisture of the concrete subbase must be measured using a “carbide hygrometer” as specified in UNI 10329 standards.
According to UNI 11371:2010 standards a traditional concrete subbase must have a value equal to or less than 2.0% by weight whereas an anhydrite screed must have a value equal to or lower than 0.2%.
• Wood boards can be installed according to the technique or techniques specified. Flooring that is glued in place must use exclusively two-part adhesives or the equivalent. For floating installation it is necessary to use vinyl glue in the joints. Always leave at least 8/10 mm of space between perimeter walls and the wood flooring. This gap will subsequently be covered by a suitable thick skirtings board. Any glue that leaks out must be immediately cleaned while it is “fresh” without using alcohol, solvents or other thinners. If it is necessary to use a “cleaner” then use only neutral and non-aggressive products to avoid damage to the finish (especially for oiled and varnished/waxed floors). We highly recommend you perform tests on uninstalled samples to make sure the product does not damage their surface.
• Installation on “radiant” screed, which is only for the types of wood specified, may only be done if the screed has been made as specified in UNI EN-1264-4 standards and after having performed at least one complete heating cycle (2 cycles would be better) and checked to make sure the heating/cooling system operates properly.
It is always best, even for formats where both floating and glued installations are to be used, to glue the material in order to achieve better stability and heat transmission. It is necessary to use a specific “thermo-foam” layer when floating installation is used (when possible). Start the heating system gradually the first time heating begins during the winter season. The temperature of the heating fluid must not exceed 26°/29°C. Be careful to maintain room moisture conditions between 45% and 60%. Avoid covering the parquet with carpets or other thermal insulators to avoid abnormal shrinkage and the formation of cracks and slits.
• Whenever the floor is supplied raw it must be finished in the shortest possible period of time.
BIG BOARD 20 mm
BOARD 15 mm
To lay by floating installation (with soundproofing mat) or by a bi-component adhesive (or equivalent). In case of floating installation use vinyl adhesive to bond the tongue and groove edges.
2-LAYERS 14 mm PARQUET 2-LAYERS 10 mm PARQUET CHEVRON 15 mm (45° e 30°) HERRINGBONE 15 mm inlaid parquet 20 mm
The installation of this product should be performed only glued with two-component adhesive or equivalent
INSTALLATION ONTO UNDERFLOOR HEATING Oak and Walnut can be installed over subloors complying to UNI EN 1264-4. Prior to installation check the heating/air-conditioning system is perfectly working (no water or steam leakage). The laying must be done after the uder-flooring has been conditioned, that is the heating turned on and off at least twice and have a final environmental temperature of 18/20°C (with heating turned off). Installation by a bi-component adhesive or equivalent is recommended; in case of floating installation for BIG BOARD three-layers 20 mm and BOARD three-layers 15 mm, the use of a suitable mat is necessary. Installation over radiant heat is not recommended for BLACK LOCUST, CHERRY and ELM. For further assistance or clarification, please contact our technical department is at your disposal.
NOTES ON PACKING AND SHIPPING
Each Mardegan Legno floor is packed by hand in packs composed of 4/8 boards arranged face to face with insertion of a sponge layer to protect the finish. They are then fitted with cardboard side protection (to protect the joints), and then wrapped with micro-perforated polyethylene shrink film (to allow the wood to breathe). All packs are stacked on pallets, strapped with nylon straps, protected with special heavy cardboard corners and wrapped in stretch film. Each shipment is provided with a detailed “packing list” that describes its contents. This is helpful both for an immediate check of the number of packs and as an aid to the installer during installation. Final quality control is carried out at the end of each production run, prior to packing. Thiscontrol may identify some boards with slight imperfections which do not affect the overall quality of the supply. These boards (max 5% of the supply) are marked and placed on the top of each pallet and are used for start and end points. Normally this amount is extra compared to the number of square meters ordered and is not billed.
REORDERS AND COMPLETIONS
Every order sent to Mardegan Legno is managed as a single production run. In case of reorders, even for small quantities, production must be restarted as if it were an entirely new order. This can lead to long delay times. For this reason, we recommend you always calculate a percentage of extra material so as to avoid unpleasant delays and likely construction site stoppages. Also note that, given the handcrafted nature of our products, surface processing and finishes of reordered materials may differ slightly from that which was ordered